The Art Town Mänttä-Vilppula
Mänttä-Vilppula is a lively art town as well as an industrial town. It's located in the beautiful Finnish lake and forest landscape in the northern part of the Tampere Region. The town is only one hour away from both Jyväskylä and Tampere.
In Mänttä-Vilppula, where nature and culture come together, there is a wide variety of services at affordable prices. Not only are there good local schools and libraries but also a lot of sports, art and outdoor activities in Mänttä-Vilppula.
In the art town you can spend your leisure time by the charming waters fishing, boating, golfing, hunting, trekking and enjoying the peace of the pure nature. In addition, you can visit many kinds of shops, restaurants and cafés, not forgetting well-known museums and festivals.
Mänttä-Vilppula in Brief
- Founded in 2009, when the muncipality of Vilppula merged with Mänttä
- Number of inhabitants: 11 315
- Area: 657 km² of which 535 km² is land and 123 km² water
- The biggest museums and cultural events: Serlachius Museums, Honkahovi Art Centre, Mänttä Art Festival, Mänttä Music Festival and Food Camp Festival
- The biggest industrial employers: Metsä Tissue Ltd, Metsä Wood Vilppula Sawmill, Formica IKI Ltd, Javasko Ltd, Koneosapalvelu Ltd and Kojair Tech Ltd
Information on Finnish society and its services in Your Language